Pesticide Certification Review Program (Virginia Only)
Each review day focuses on different study manuals.
Wednesday, January 20, 2016 Categories 3A, 3B
Pesticide certification days review the VA Pesticide Manuals for staff working for private retailers and production farms (garden center, forestry, greenhouse, nursery) or for landscape services (city parks, lawn care, landscape maintenance). Virginia pesticide regulations define these types of jobs and assign a specific pesticide category for each.
Thursday, January 21, 2016 Categories 90, 91, 60
- First-time applicators of production nurseries, greenhouses or sod farms should attend on Thursday to review the Applying Pesticide Correctly manual. This applies to private categories 90, 91 and registered technicians, commercial category 60.
- Commercial applicators working in lawn and landscape should attend Wednesday session to review the 3A and 3B manuals.
TAKE YOUR VA PESTICIDE EXAMS AT MAHSC
You can take your VA Pesticide exams the old fashioned way: with a proctor, paper, and pencil. Pesticide exams are also administered at VA DMV offices at a computer kiosk. No MAHSC registration is required, but you must register with VDACS. MAHSC testing session is held after classes end on Friday morning at 8:00am..
- Register with MAHSC for testing
- Select CORE, 2, 3A, 3B, 5A, 6, 10, 60 on MAHSC registration (VDACS requires you to take the CORE with each category exam, even if you have already passed the Category 60: Registered Technician exam.)
- Register with VDACS (use the following steps):
- Ten business days prior to MAHSC, submit application + required fee to: VDACS Office of Pesticide Service (OPS),CLRT Unit, PO Box 526, Richmond, VA 23218-0526. After approval, you will receive a letter authorizing you to take VDACS exams.
- Registered technicians require 40 hours of education and training administered by a commercial applicator, whose certificate number must be included on the application.
- Commercial applicators need verification of a minimum of 12 months of pesticide experience or education.
- Questions: VDACS OPS Unit at 804-786-3798.
- On test day, bring VDACS authorization letter, photo ID, calculator and pencil. No FAX is available – you must have letter in hand.
- Select Private 90, 91 on MAHSC registration form.
- No pre-approval required from any state agency.
- Bring a photo ID, calculator and pencil to exam.