The Virginia Horticultural Foundation (VHF) awards College Scholarships for students pursuing careers in the green industries. Students of Horticulture, Arboriculture, Nursery & Greenhouse Production, Floriculture, Forestry & Urban Forestry, Landscape Architecture/Design, Turfgrass Management (or other horticultural fields) are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
Students can also apply for Travel Grants to cover registration and travel expenses to MAHSC. This can be a wonderful networking, job-prospecting or continuing education opportunity for horticulture students.
All applicants must be currently enrolled in a Virginia school and provide transcripts of coursework. Students should scan and email all school transcripts to email@example.com. All scholarship and grant recipients are recognized at the opening session of MAHSC.
The winter event will be held: January 19 – 22, 2016, at the Founders Inn, Virginia Beach, Virginia
Application Deadline: October 31 Scholarships Awarded: December 15
- College student attending an accredited university or college in Virginia (full-time or part-time)
- Pursuing a degree in Horticulture, Arboriculture, Nursery & Greenhouse Production, Floriculture, Forestry & Urban Forestry, Landscape Architecture/Design, Turfgrass Management or any related horticultural field
- Accumulated 9 credit hours in this major
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 or above
- Previous scholarship recipients of a VHF Scholarship are not eligible
- Recipient must allow VHF to publicize the student’s name, degree pursued and college attendance information and provide a recent photo to be posted on MAHSC website, Facebook and any promotional material.
- This award also includes lodging and a three-day registration to attend the following year’s MAHSC.
Tom Eaton Scholarship ($1,500 one-time award)
Tom Eaton was an active and invaluable member of the MAHSC board. In his spirit, the Tom Eaton Scholarship was established in 2008 to help defray educational expenses for one exceptional college student pursuing a degree in any horticultural field. This award also includes a three-day registration to attend the following year’s MAHSC. Attendance at MAHSC is encouraged, but not mandatory, and travel reimbursement will be made for recipients living more than 50 miles from MAHSC. The scholarship check will be submitted directly to the college to be applied to the student’s account; travel reimbursements are payable to the scholarship recipient.
This award also includes a three-day registration to attend the following year’s MAHSC. Travel reimbursement will be provided to recipients living more than 50 miles from MAHSC conference location. Per Diem will cover meals consumed at the Founders Inn restaurants at the rate of $46 maximum per day only when billed to room.
Qualified students can apply by completing a Scholarship Application, include your e-mail address. If you have questions, contact (757) 523-4734 or firstname.lastname@example.org.